Ya Kiatpetch Muay Thai gym is located in the Satuek Districk of Buriram Province. The gym has only opened in the last year, but don’t let that deter you, as it has a stable of large, active stadium fighters as well as a handful of kids making their start in Muay Thai.
Ya, as the name suggests, works for Kiatpetch Promotions as a scout. Prior to opening his gym, Ya was one of the co-owners of Sak Buriram Muay Thai gym. Sak Buriram however, is over crowded and can’t accommodate children, so Ya decided to open up his own gym in his native, Satuek.
The gym houses four to six active stadium fighters. In addition to that, there about ten active children fighters that live in the village and come to train after school.
- Lots of opportunities to fight Muay Thai in Isaan as well as in Bangkok.
- Opportunity to fight frequently.
- Lots of large bodies for clinch work.
- Located in the beautiful Thai countryside.
- Delicious home cooked Isaan food served daily.
- Train with stadium fighters.
- No English spoken at the gym.
- Can be isolating for some.
- Far from Western comforts.
Additional Information About Ya Kiatpetch Muay Thai Gym
- It’s 15 km to your closest 7-Eleven.
- A one hour drive to Buriram.
- Mainly Lao and Khmer language spoken at the gym.
- Training costs 25,000 THB per month for private accommodations with WiFi.
- There is a motorcycle to use.
- Training is twice a day.
- Breakfast and dinner is served at the gym.
- Discounts are available for long stays.
- Thai Visa assistance is available.
- Pick up from Buriram City or Khorat City available.
Feel free to contact us for more information at frances.watthanaya
The gym accepts no more than three foreigner fighters at a time, so please keep that in mind.
Learn more about Ya Kiatpetch here.
How to travel to Buriram here.
After receiving a Muay Thai scholarship to train at a prominent gym in Northern Thailand, Watthanaya packed her bags at 19 leaving home with a one way ticket. She ended up however at a Bangkok street gym affiliated with Sor. Thanikul and married one of the fighters. They took off for Khorat and Watthanaya fought her way through Issan. Now, with a degree in tote, a four year old daughter, and a passion to fight again, she is back. Connect with Frances Watthanaya on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook .
Leave a Reply